Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surgery update!

The Lord was definitely with us yesterday ( May 2, 2011)
Kaleb came through surgery with flying colors!!!!
The surgeon was very pleased with how everything went, he said that all things went smoothly and there was no surprises when he got in there. He said he did not for see any complications arising but reminds us that he did just perform surgery on a 5 day old preemie baby! Anything can happen! Kaleb remained sedated until this morning when they will start to slowly wake him up. Today he will remain in ICU so they can closely monitor his heart and pain levels. Hopefully tomorrow he will get to go back to NICU and be on his way to recovering to come home!
He seems to be a strong little guy, a real fighter! Just watching how much he worked at trying to get his little eyes open to see me was incredible! All day long he struggled with one eye open, then the other eye, but just couldn't get them open together and then literally right before they went through the surgery doors, I was saying my "see ya laters" and he opened both his eyes really wide, it was awesome. The wonderful nurse was ready and snapped the picture! What a precious gift for me to see his eyes!


I may not make it down to Indy to see him everyday until I am healed, remember I just had major surgery too, a C-section! and after one day of walking around Riley Hosp. I am very sore, so then I need to rest a day. I am healing pretty good and am sure that in a few more days I will be able to handle going more often.
Remember also that I do have other children and a husband who need me too.
So that said, I will give updates as much as I can.
On to another subject.....Down Syndrome.
Kaleb does have Trisomy 21 or Down Syndrome. We will be getting together with a team of people at Riley Hosp. soon to discuss this and how we can help him to his fullest potential. At this point we do not know the severity of it. That will be discovered as he grows up!
But as with everything, we know God has given us this precious little boy and we will be doing all we can to glorify Him in this and raising Kaleb up to Him.
Thank you again for all your prayers
In His name,
Ginger

After surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment