Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learned Alot Today

Today was a very long day! My oldest Daughter, my Mother, my Mother-in-law and I , all went to Riley Hosp. today to learn. What did we learn....  Infant CPR, about oxygen monitors, heart and respiratory monitors, G-tube feeding, giving meds through the G-tube and inserting a G-tube in an emergency if it gets pulled out. All of this took 4 hours!  I now have information overload!
The news on him coming home is " a couple days" they still have to do the car seat test, which the nurse said she would probably get done later tonight and straighten out some medicine issues. I am getting so excited, I can hardly stand the wait!
So as soon as I get the call I will let you know, if I don't just pass out from all the excitement!
Thank you all again for your continued prayers for Kaleb and our family!
Ginger
P.S. Here are the G-tube pictures I promised.
This is the tube right now.
Here is a close-up.

After a couple weeks they can put on what they call a "button" and take the tube you see sticking out off.
Then when it is time for him to eat you "plug" the tube into the "button" and feed him.
Thay make it sound so easy! I hope they are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment