Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's been going on....

So it's been a while since my last update and I apologize, things have gotten a little crazy around here, I was having a hard time keeping up with my house work and visiting Kaleb and taking care of the others in my family, including myself!!
I was trying to catch up a little and lost track of time for an update!
Anyway, on Monday June 13 Kaleb had 2 ounces of fluid removed from the sac around his heart, all went well with that procedure. It made him feel much better, I have actually heard him REALLY cry now, with all that fluid pressure he couldn't!
Next on Wednesday June 22 he had a procedure done to widen the aorta artory that he had his first surgery on, some scar tissue had formed and was causing a blockage. All went well with that procedure also!
Now he is recovering from the above procedure, I saw him today and he looks good. He did have a little issue with some poor circulation in his right leg but they were getting that under control while I was there visiting! They said this happens alot.
Now what!? Well we will be having a meeting on Monday June 27th(his 2 month birthday) to find that out! We will be meeting with all his doctors and nurses and anyone else involved in his care and they will tell us what needs to be done so he can go home!!!
I am trying not to get too excited but it looks as if it will be soon!
I know of 2 things that need done yet and they are circumcision
The first one you all know about...eek!!
The second is where they test how he will do in a car seat ride for the length of your trip home, our case an hour and a half. They strap him in his car seat with monitors on and monitor him for an hour and a half!!
I would like him to be off the feeding tube and on a bottle but they have already said that is not criteria for going home, he can go home on the feeding tube.
What else I have no idea:/ Hopefully not much!
Please continue to pray for him to recover from the last procedure and that there will not be anymore great hurdles to get over for him to come home!
His weight before the procedure was 5lb 13oz, but they had to stop feeding him for 12 hours before, glad I wasn't the one who had to deal with that, he LOVES his food and gets very mad when it is late!
Well I will try and remember to post a follow up note after our meeting on Monday to let you all know what is up, thank you for all your prayers.
In His name, Ginger
P.S. Please pray for me to have patience and understanding if there are big hurdles yet to cross for him to come home, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment