Monday, April 18, 2011

Update

First I want to start by thanking everyone for their prayers, this has been a much easier thing to deal with knowing you are all there for us and I know Kaleb has stayed consistent in his growth and progress because of your prayers for him. I have to admit the 1st time we went to Riley for these tests I was terrified by the news we received, but now as we have been there several times and had everyone praying for us and the news has never gotten any worse, only better or the same as last time I am sure the Lord is at work here through your prayers.
So on with the update....
We went to Indy to the Riley Children's Hosp. at Clarion IU North on Friday April, 15th for the Echo-Cardiogram and level 2 ultra-sound again. As the last times everything looks the same, he is growing well, although they say they think he may be small 6-7lbs, where I am used to 8-9lbs for a baby. I think they are crazy, they say he is measuring at 3 1/2 lbs now which is normal for 31 weeks pregnant ( you can Google it..lol) and well I have 2 1/2 months left to go so he should gain another 4-5lbs in that time so that is 7-8lbs. Who knows ???????????
Next they said again that all his "Soft Markers" look good for no DS, but of course we will not know for sure until he is born and they test his blood.

We do not have to go back for the Echo-Cardiogram again, because this is the last time they could get good pictures, since now his bones are getting denser and it is harder to see through them to the heart. YEAH!!
But we do have to go back for the level 2 ultra-sound because he is "small" they say....I know I am not a Doctor or expert on this but as I said above........ I think they are crazy!
So we will humor them and go back in 3 weeks.......
Until then, God Bless You All!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment